Sunday, January 15, 2017

Men's Flannel Shirt Refashion

Find yourself a Men's Quilted Flannel Shirt and Refashion it into an awesome Bomber Jacket. 


Having a dad who loves his flannels ensures that I have a constant stream of well worn flannel shirts ready for refashioning. After my Flannel Shirt to Vest Refashion I could hardly wait to try another.


This time I turned an men's XL flannel shirt into a women's bomber jacket. The quilted inside of the flannel shirt turned to the outside of the jacket. The lining is the original cozy flannel outer layer. Excuse the baby bump :)

Refashion included:
  • Reworking the size and fit
  • Turning the shirt inside-out
  • Adding ribbed jersey fabric to the collar, wrists, and waist
  • Pockets were added
  • Button opening changed into a zipper opening
The result is a super cute black Quilted Bomber Jacket. Perfect for those cool days and great for layering.


4 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Fabulous! Very impressive!

I Can Work With That said...

I bet the lining is so soft and cozy. It looks great.
Chickie

jennifer elliott said...

Amazing!

Jennifer EOD

Unknown said...

how cool is that!