Thursday, January 26, 2017

Sweaters and Skinny Jeans 3

Hello Refashion Co-op. I am making progress through a pile of basic casual clothes that I wanted to refashion. Today is a fabulous fuzzy gray sweater. I love finding things like this. I have never seen a sweater like this.


Look at the beautiful gray fuzz!


I made the sweater more narrow and shorter. I removed the lower sheer section and gave it a more classic shape. It was a pain to deal with, my sewing machine hated it too. It was thin and open like gauze. The fuzz kept hiding my thread. Ugh!


The jeans were a nice fit in the waist and hips but the legs were out of control. I made the legs more narrow and shorter.


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

6 comments:

KD said...

My, that sweater! A stroke of genius to cut off the long flounce and trim the fit, while retaining the unique knit. The jeans fit you perfectly.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks @KD, I know that sweater was amazing wasn't it? It could have been a great Muppet costume.
Chickie

jennifer elliott said...

Love the refashioned sweater. Your refashioned jeans process looks so similar to mine except sometimes small bubbles appear (something with not lining up the seams or something). Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer, EOD

Pivot Point Patterns said...

I want to pet your sweater. Looks so soft and cozy.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Ladies, @Melissa Lin a little kid wanted my sweater as a pet I think. 😃
Chickie

Catherine1216 said...

Much better. You look great in the new refashion.