Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Simple Denim Tunic!

Lately, I have really been drawn to tunics for two reasons....comfort and fun!  I have decided to spend my next several posts focusing on tunics.  First up is about as simple as it gets, turning a dress into a tunic.


As for refashioning, it was just a matter of cutting off the length, taking in the sides a bit, and adding a new rolled hem.


I used a topstitching thread that matched the existing stitching.


The back has a nice gathered detail.


For a different look, I added my brown fur vest.


Although I don't have a picture, the tunic also looks good with a t-shirt underneath and the front left unsnapped like a jacket.  

Stay tuned for more tunics on my blog, Second Chances by Susan!  Thanks!


3 comments:

whatthesew said...

Looking forward to more tunics. I would never pick out your before garments as having much promise but they look great refashioned.

jennifer elliott said...

Lovely job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Therese said...

looks great, well done!