Thursday, February 23, 2017

The Witch Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have had this black dress on my refashion rack for about 2 years. It was just so unexciting I never even tried it on. When I did try it recently, I found it fit pretty well.


I still thought it was really dark and severe looking. And these dangling open wrists made me feel like a witch. Maybe I should have saved it for Halloween. I cut the bottom of the dress off in a high-low style. I thought about leaving the sleeves alone but I have a toddler and I had to change a diaper with these sleeves in the way and decided I hated them and they had to go.


I closed the sleeves and they were nice and plain. (And more hygienic!) I can live easier with drama free sleeves.
You can see the high-low hemline of the shirt. It is a heavy knit and when I saw it didn't fray at all, I left it as a raw cut edge. It was lighter and had more movement with out folding it over and making a thick hem. 


Here are the pants. They were too big, too high waisted, and the zipper was broken. They were also very soft and stretchy, with an elastic waistband. So, I decided to try and make them wearable.

I took some fabric off the inner legs and crotch to bring the waist down to my waist. I also took some excess off each side, including that zipper. I figured/hoped that with stretchy elastic at the waist and stretchy fabric I could get them on and off without a zipper. 
I was right, I didn't need a zipper. I don't know why anyone put a zipper in stretchy pants. It was totally unnecessary.


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.



2 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Incredible job all refashions. Love the high-low hem on the shirt.

jennifer elliott. eod

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jennifer!