REFLECTIONS: This is #5 of 10 for my Spring Break goal.
- This Lovely Lilac Sheath Dress was a near wadder,, but in my no shopping year, every Re-fashion counts.
- Self-made In the Re-fashion Stash.
- Serger was broken and pinked seams did not hold up well
- It was poorly made, too much Lilac, and cheap fabric.
- But, I did a great job on the hand-covered buttons / buttonholes.
- Dismantle / serge the dress. Serge open parts of the shirt.
- Shorten jacket by 1 ½”. Shorten dress to match jacket length.
- Insert 3” side panels to make the top fuller like a tunic.
- Replace poorly sewn original neck trim.
|AFTER: Spring Shirt Set |
for the School Days Wardrobe
|Kept covered buttons|
|DURING: Opened / Serged seams|
Sheath Jacket Set