Apart from some mending jobs I won't bore you with (but which made me feel virtuous and reduced the piles around the house), I adjusted these jean-style cotton trousers to fit:
Looks like a mistake right? Not at all - I have a sway back and I don't like the gaping I get when I sit down or ride a bike or similar. The elastic gathers the excess in against my back and the waistband smooths out when I wear the trousers - I never tuck in tops anyway but, even so, they don't look weird on. It's quick and it's easy and it works. I use safety pins to get the fit approximately right, then take a few more cm off the elastic each side as it tends to fit looser than I wanted when sewn. This doesn't work with jeans though, the denim is usually too heavy for the elastic.
Then the hems - I'm tall and trousers are never long enough so I always check the amount of fabric left in the hem and the wear on the bottom edge. These aren't too bad, a few more sprays with vinegar before washing and the previous hem marks will fade out - not that anyone but me probably notices even now. I use grosgrain ribbon in the very edge (1cm or less) and turn under and blind hem by hand. Usually more skilfully than I have here. But I was in a hurry, and it doesn't show on the outside, so I'll live with it.
This shirt "fix" was even easier:
I tried the shirt with the sleeve scrunched, rolled and left hanging and it just looked better left alone - so, sleeve tabs be gone!
Back in my sewing groove again. Happy refashioning until next time!