Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Costume Archives #1 - Victorian Peplum Jackets

Linen peplum jacket refashioned by karenvallerius.co.uk
Spring is in the air ... my stash busting continues ... my photo archives edit has begun!

About 18 months ago I refashioned a series of costume inspired garments, some of them with a steampunk vibe, including several Victorian inspired peplum jackets.

Denim peplum jacket refashioned by karenvallerius.co.uk

I found that the best method of adding a peplum to a jacket was to cut the jacket around the waistline, then construct the peplum by adding panels of contrast fabric, and then stitching back on the the original jacket.

More jackets on my blog here.

Happy stitching everyone x

4 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

Wow, that looks amazing. Gorgeous with the different fabric as contrast.
Chickie

karen vallerius said...

Thanks Chickie, I used panels cut from skirts for the contrast panels and trim, always nice when garments in the stash co-ordinate well!!

cfort82 said...

Those are so fun! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

TheRefashStash said...

That is so creative and beautiful!!!!

-TheRefashStash