Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Spring Skirt and Sweater

Hello Refashion Co-op. I am really digging this pink/rose/mauve color. I have collected a few things in this shade, like the shirt below. It was a nice gauzy cotton. It didn't fit well so I could try to fix it or.......


I could cut it in to pieces and make something else. I decided to make this a skirt.


The shirt/skirt was too short to make a casing to hide the elastic. so I chose the cutest elastic I had. Can elastic be cute? It doesn't really matter because it won't really show anyway.


I got this nice light weight sweater from a wonderful lady I know. It was just the thing to go with the skirt. 
Originally I thought of attaching the skirt directly onto the sweater but I was afraid the thin fabrics would pucker and look sloppy. 


Here are the two finished pieces together. The sweater was perfect for a cool Spring morning. 


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

5 comments:

Catherine1216 said...

Both of these look great.

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Catherine1216.

vintagevogue said...

Super cute! You look great in them.

cfortin said...

Your outfit looks great. I like the color too.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

Pezalli Creations said...

We at Pezalli, produce high quality shirts for discerning gentleman, entirely hand crafted. From exquisite fit and comfort to impeccable elegance, this shirt offers you the best of both British traditional craftsmanship and modern Italian design.Pezalli Bespoke shirts are custom made with your personal choice of fabric, style components and monogram, using 22 pieces and 55 separate steps, to create a statement of style and quality unlike any other.

http://www.pezalli.com/aboutus.php