Thursday, April 06, 2017

The Shorter Spring Sweater

Hello Refashion Co-op. It is finally warm enough for Spring clothes. Yahoo! The sun is out and I don't need a coat. I had this blue and green sweater that I thought would be great for Spring. 


This sweater was too long in the arms and I didn't want a tunic style sweater. I wanted the arms and the body to be shorter. 


I made sleeves short and reattached the wristbands to make the sleeves look more finished. I shortened the body and reattached the waistband just like I did on the sleeves. The material didn't seem to fray when I cut it but I didn't trust the raw edges either. I used a zigzag stitch to reinforce the edges and make sure they didn't fray. 

Are those dog feet? Yes, those are dog feet.

I liked the colors of the sweater for Spring and I liked how it looked with my polka dot jeans. 


Thanks for reading, for more details go to  I Can Work With That.




4 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

Nice save! Love that top with those pants too! Cute!

-TheRefashStash

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much RefashStash!
Chickie

Therese said...

Looks so much better!

Saga said...

Great idea. And I like how you used the lower part of the sleeves, rather than just shortening them.
It is funny, tomorrow I will post a refashion where I did the exact oppostite. And that shirt is green and black.

/Stine - EOD