Monday, May 22, 2017

Clipping the Bat Wings!

Digging through the box of dresses that my mom gave to me (ones that she wore back in the late 70's-early 80's), this blue one was the next to catch my eye.  I really liked the soft color, and although it is polyester, it has a linen-like feel to it.


The overall fit was fine, but it needed some tweaking to bring it up to speed. 



I liked the empire waist detail so I left that as is.  I didn't, however, want the confines of a collar, so I removed it and cut a nice scoop neckline.  After cutting off some of the length of the dress, I had enough fabric to make a facing for the new neckline.


For more pics and an explanation of how I disguised the back elastic waistband, please visit my blog, Second Chances by Susan.  Thanks!

 photo signature.png

1 comment:

Darci said...

Beautifully updated