Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Dress from a Shower Curtain

Last week I posted about the dresses that I'd made from sheets.  I was looking through the sheet dress pictures when I remembered that I'd also made dresses from SHOWER CURTAINS!

Dress from a Shower Curtain
I basically cut off the grommets and made a skirt.


When I made this white shower curtain dress I used the holes meant to hold shower hooks as the waistband.

Waistband from shower hook holder
I still have a lot of mixed feelings about this dress, but for my purposes, it works.

Dress from a Shower Curtain
Tutorials and other information about shower curtain dresses are on the popular blog.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Love the floral pattern on the white dress! I wonder if the grommets would look cool around the hemline of a skirt. Maybe...

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

I've seen it done that way. They were too dang heavy for my taste (and height).

Chickie Walsh said...

Great idea. There are some pretty fabrics but I never thought other make clothes. Very pretty.
Chickie