Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Madewell Inspired Distressed Denim Jacket Refashion



This refashion was inspired by this super cute Madewell Distressed Denim Jacket. My mom got one about a month ago and I really wanted one haha. :) Since I had a denim jacket already in my closet, I decided to update it. That is what I love about refashioning: using things you already have and once loved. I am totally in love with this jacket as I once was when I first got it!

STEPS I TOOK:

1. I cut the collar off and distressed it.


2. I added in new front and back yoke pieces.



3. I added two panels in the back to make the jacket less fitted.


4. I cut the hem and distressed it.


For the full tutorial, photos, and other refashions please visit Sew Much Love, Mary.


5 comments:

Dominique said...

Very cool and well made ! Kudos !

Melissa said...

Wow, good job :)

Unknown said...

Reverse applique using denim on denim... that's brilliant. Love it. Copying it :)

Anonymous said...

So fashionable right now, I love it.

karen vallerius said...

Love this jacket, inspirational.