Tuesday, May 09, 2017

The Flash Dance Shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. Do you remember the movie "Flash Dance" from 1983? This shirt had the same off the shoulder look that became famous from the film. I decided to try and remove the arm wings and simplify the shirt.


I started by removing some of the wing shape. I liked the new sleeves but the body still looked very big. 


I removed some excess from the back of the shirt to make it more my size. There was a seam running down the middle of the back, I used it as a guide for a new seam. 


I narrowed the sides a little more and....


I was ready for some spelunking at the Crystal Grottoes Caverns in Maryland. 


It was lots of fun and was really just a walking tour of the underground caves. It was a nice visit. 


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to  I Can Work With That.


5 comments:

cfortin said...

Nice improvement. I don't think I would have thought to do that.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Cindy!

RanchHouse said...

Cute for layers. I can see it over summer Camisoles or strapless dresses. Even swim cover ups

adventuresofmaking said...

I applaud you for trying to rescue such a monstrosity!
I was very skeptical when I saw the before-pic, but the result looks good on you!
keep up the good work!

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks Ranchhouse! You made me laugh adventuresofmaking! It was awful wasn't it? Thanks for the comments.
Chickie