Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Blinded by the (Neon) Light

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found these neon corduroy pants at a clothes swap. Neon seems like a summertime color and corduroy seems like a wintertime fabric.
 I also found this neon shirt and was overwhelmed by the blinding color. 


I decided to make shorts for myself. 


The corduroys were too big around the waist so I made some tucks in the back. I made the tucks continue down behind the back pockets. 


I decided this shirt would coordinate with the shorts but be a lot easier on the eyes. It was too long and the V-neck was too low. I used a quick no-sew fix to make it fit me. I cut the sleeves and the neckband off. That left a tank top shape.


I made cuts across the shoulder straps and tied them together. By adjusting the knots I could adjust the fit as I wanted. This raised the neckline and made the armholes smaller until the shirt fit. 


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.