Tuesday, June 06, 2017

The Cat Shirt Fail

Hello Refashion Co-op. I saw on shirt on Pinterest and I thought it was cute. It was no longer available on Etsy so I decided to try and make one for myself. It was much more difficult than I thought it would be.


I started well by tracing my cuts on a black T-shirt. So far, so good.


I didn't like the whiskers on this shirt. They are right across my chest and they look like a rib cage. I also forgot to keep a thin line of material in the middle of the nose.


This was no better. The whiskers were too large and too far from the nose.


I messed up the eyes on this one. I forgot the thin lines that should be in the eyes.


This was my fourth and last attempt. I was out of black T-shirts and out of patience. This is the best I was going to get. It was fun to try something new.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

4 comments:

karen vallerius said...

This post really made me smile! Miaow!

cfort82 said...

You are too cute. Thanks for sharing all the test runs. The final result looks great.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! It's not failure it's "learning", or so I tell myself.
Chickie

Unknown said...

I love your final rendition! It's easy to see it's a cat and it's super cool!