Thursday, June 01, 2017

The Smothering Denim Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I refashioned this denim dress recently. It was pretty straightforward and simple.
This dress was so long and shapeless, I am smothered in denim.


I really liked the embroidered flowers. So pretty! The dress was in good shape and well made so I knew it would be an easy refashion project.


I made a BIG cut in the skirt. It really needed to be shorter. I also removed the waist tie. It tied in the back but it left the front loose and shapeless. It didn't make the dress any more flattering so it had to go.


I gave the bottom a new hem and added a belt to cinch in the waist. A real belt worked with this dress much better than the narrow little waist tie it had originally.


Thanks for reading, go make something fun for yourself.

5 comments:

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

So CUTE!!

Give the Cat a Name said...

Nice fix! I love how sometimes the simple fixes turn out the best.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks ladies, I like the new fit too.
Chickie

Dominique said...

Nothing like showing a little leg !!!

I Can Work With That said...

Agreed Claudia! The floor length was not a good look for me.
Chickie