Sunday, July 02, 2017

crochet trim dress - anthropologie inspired

I saw the xanthe dress from anthropologie on pinterest and adored the colours and really thought I could use some of my crochet stash so went looking for a tee-shirt.  I found a jersey skirt in the local charity shop next day, recut it to a long tee-shirt and crochet-ed the trim.  As it turned out, the double knit cotton I used was waaaay tooo heavy, so I did buy the colours in 4 ply cotton and did a mix of dc fillet, hdc, and sc.


I have a photo explanation on how to do the trim here
and the blog post on the dress is upsew.ie

4 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

What a great idea! Love it.
Chickie

Pivot Point Patterns said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pivot Point Patterns said...

That trim is so festive. Great job.

cfort82 said...

I love all the color and the added texture of the crochet.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycle Design Lab