Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Simple Summer Shorts

Hello Refashion Co-op. I am living in a hot humid heatwave. It is hotter than hot. It's like a sauna out there. I decided I needed some denim shorts. I wanted to make some simple cuffed shorts from these jeans. But I messed up. I cut them way to short in one spot to make cuffs and one leg was REALLY short in the back. Like close to butt cheek exposure if I leaned down. That was not going to work for me.


I wanted to add some length so I used this wide ribbon. I used the back pockets as a guide to add the ribbon. I measured and compared each side so each leg was even. I stitched the ribbon on and added some to the back pockets too.


You can see what I cut off the jeans here. You can see the cutting mistake I made in the picture below on the right. That was a big oops.


Here are my new shorts in the sun. Apologies for the blindingly white legs. Some people just don't/can't/won't tan. Like ever.


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to  I Can Work With That.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Now those are CUTE.

Give the Cat a Name said...

cute trim! I like that!

whatthesew said...

Cutting mistakes are so annoying but this one did you a favour because the trim makes these shorts.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments ladies. I like the trim too. They were going to be very plain and basic but they are more fun now.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

LOVE the ribbon detail! Very creative!

-TheRefashStash