Saturday, October 14, 2017

Back At It Again!

Yaaayy!

I FINALLY have a new sewing space!

God bless Ikea
Tonight, everything was set up and I finally had time for a project!

I had a MASSIVE square scarf with this amazing print on it. It was made in Italy! I thought it might be fun to make one of those square-scarf tops.

Finding the center to cut out a collar

Snip, like cutting a paper snowflake, and hem the new neckline!

I then laid out where I wanted the 'sleeves' to be and sewed. Except, I forgot that if you want a butterfly style top, you need to sew the OUTSIDE (wrong sides together), not the inside. I realized this as I was trying it on but...

It... Actually looks amazing?

It looks like I have puff sleeves!

Please pardon the bathroom selfies; Addie is still stuck in the closet and I need my husband to save her. Seriously, I won't be able to get away with wearing this a lot of places, but it's the weirdest and coolest thing ever!

I'm so shocked! I think my mistake was ok because the scarf is very silky; it's polyester but it's very thin and smooth. I thought about undoing it and making it right but this just turned out so fabulously strange I'm going to leave it as is. I can see it being used for a nice dinner out or a trip to a museum or something!

Utah is amazing by the way; it's FALL here and still in the 90s in Arizona. We're surrounded by mountains and lots of fun outdoor activities. Life is basically back to normal for Illy and the gang!

Love,
~Illy

3 comments:

whatthesew said...

Scarves are made of such lovely fabric, anything you can make with them is interesting.

Unknown said...

Whatthesew, I am getting addicted... This first project didn't even go right and I still love it! I look foreword to working with more scarves :)

I Can Work With That said...

This is such a neat idea. The top did turn out really cute. I just got a few scarves to play with too. Great work, thanks for sharing.
Chickie EOD