Saturday, October 14, 2017

Purple Ombre Dye

I have been on a real kick with dyeing white clothes lately.
I had this beautiful white lace dress, which was pretty on it's own but white really isn't my color.DSCN1328
I decided this dress would be a great ombre dye project and purple was the color for the job!

DSCN1348
I used the bucket dye technique since the dress needed to be lowered into the dye to achieve the ombre effect.

These are the times I used:
Bottom to Top: 
IMG_0379[673]
The hardest part is after the dyeing process...You have to rinse the garment in cold water until the water runs clear. This is why I prefer the machine dyeing method, if at all possible. I have little patience for rinsing until the water is clear. But I got through it....finally.

IMG_0362[668]
An amazing shot of me with my drew dress and my 1st loaf of delicious gluten free bread made in my new bread maker! (So proud) :)

2017-02-10-16-05-39
Happy Refashioning!!!

3 comments:

Ali said...

LOVE the dress and the gluten free loaf!! :-)

Therese said...

Great idea, love the multiple shades!

I Can Work With That said...

What a great idea and a great color. It looks very pretty and unique. Great job!
I am gluten free too. I miss real bread!
Chickie EOD