Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Easy Way to Un-BeDazzle

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found a great little cropped denim jacket recently. It was my size and already broken in. It was perfect, except for all the gold studs. I hated the gold studs. Someone had fun with their BeDazzler! I like to find hand-made creations but this one didn't quite suit me. 


I decided to remove the studs by cutting off the pocket flaps. That's right, I just cut them off. Does that count as refashion-ing?


But wait there's more! The studs were also across the back of the jacket. I couldn't cut off the whole back so...


I pried and forced them off with these large kitchen shears. It wasn't that difficult to do.


There are tiny holes where the studs were. It looks OK to me. The holes blend in well with the fade pattern of the denim. I like it as is and I don't mind the rough or distressed look.


Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.




No comments: