Wednesday, November 22, 2017

So Much Purple #1

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have amassed a lot of purple items somehow and I decided to work on them one after another. I didn't mean to collect so many purple clothes but I did. Now I am going to clear them out before they start to multiply.
The purple top was a hand-me-down from my mom. I wanted to wear it with a striped cardigan over it because they were both the same lovely eggplant purple. The problem was that the purple shirt was too large.
And the gray jeans fit great through the hips and seat but the waist was much too big.
 
 
I started with the purple top. I tried it on and made new seams on the sides. I tried it on again and made it even smaller. It needed to be pretty fitted to wear comfortably under the cardigan.
 
 
I tried on the jeans, marked them and made new side seams. I tried them on again and thought the fit was right. I also shortened them a little in length.

 
 I felt so much better in clothes that fit well rather than the baggy and shapeless fit I had before. I could layer the cardigan on top, which was perfect for the cold weather outside.

 
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
 

2 comments:

whatthesew said...

Your refashions always make me smile. Its lovely to re-use stuff from family members.

I Can Work With That said...

Aww, thanks whatthesew! That was a nice thing to hear/read.
Happy sewing to you.
Chickie