Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Dresses For December Part 4, The Big Vest

Hello Refashion Co-op. This is my fourth dress so far this month. I am stretching my brain trying to make different looking dresses. It is a lot of fun.
Today's dress started as a big loose knit vest.
 
 
I'm not kidding this vest was really big. I like the black and white color scheme but it looks like a blanket on me.

 
I put it on my dress form inside-out and just started pinning it together. I closed the front of this vest with the pins and then sewed it shut.
 
 
I cut off the excess fabric and used a little of it to make these narrow strips of fabric to add some length to the hem. It made it a little longer.

 
I turned it around and put the seam in the back. I had a cute little knit dress to wear. It is very soft and cozy.

 
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

I LOVE this!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Kathy! I am glad it turned out well.
Chickie