Friday, December 15, 2017

Dresses For December Part 5, The Shirt Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I have been working on dresses this month and I made one from a 2XL men's dress shirt. I liked the black and gray color scheme and the stripes. It would be a great little black shirt dress when I was finished.
 
 
The first thing I did was remove the cuffs and save them for later.

 
I made the shirt more narrow and made the sleeves shorter. I added the cuffs back onto the sleeves to make them look more neat and finished. It just needed a belt to define the waist a little.

 
With a lot of layers and thick tights I was ready to go out and run errands in the cold. It was really super cold and windy. 

 
Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

Love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Kathy W.! Haha, I love your enthusiasm!
Happy sewing to you!
Chickie