Friday, December 29, 2017

Dresses For December Part 9, The Choir Robe

Hello Refashion Co-op. This is my last dress refashion of my December series. The long black dress was pretty but very long on me. It reminded me of the choir robes when I was in school.
 
 
I decided to cut off the bottom of the dress and use it as a skirt. This is what was left when I cut off what I wanted to use. What you see here is the top of the dress and the lining from underneath.

 
I also had this knit top. I really liked it but it was just a little short to wear with jeans without exposing my stomach. I don't like to show my stomach so I wanted to find a different way to wear it.

 
I attached the piece of the dress to the waistband of the knit shirt. The waistband could hold the skirt up and tighten together and act like elastic to define the waist of the dress. I liked how it turned out but my son said I looked depressing and "goth". You can't please everyone.

 
I plan to use the rest of that dress next time. Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

jenny_o said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jenny_o said...

My comment is on your blog instead :)