Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Caroler Coat

Many years ago I was given a vintage dress coat that swept all the way down to my ankles. It was a pretty gray wool with a dark velvet collar and it flared out into a skirt at the bottom. I called it my caroler coat because it reminded me of something a stereotypical Victorian caroler would wear.


I decided I was going to make this dress coat modern-dress friendly, so that meant shortening it. Honestly this doesn't feel like a real refashion, it’s a hem. But it drastically changed the look for the coat so I say it counts.

For the new length, I decided it should fall at my knees.

You can learn more about how I refashioned the coat and where I wore it on my blog probablyrachel.com.


2 comments:

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

Very nice!

I Can Work With That said...

Wow, it does look totally different! Great job. It is still classic and dressy.
Chickie EOD