Friday, January 26, 2018

The Shawl Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. Sometimes I like clothing items but never wear them. That was the case with this green and blue shawl. It was really nice heavy material and the colors were bright and cheerful. But I never wore it.
 
 
It buttoned up the front and it was soft and cozy. And it has been in my closet for a couple years just waiting to get out and live a little.

 
I opened it up and used my dress form to make a skirt shape. I put the shawl on the dress form inside out and just started pinning.

 
I also sewed the whole thing shut because I like how wrap skirts look but I don't really trust them. The can blow open in a strong breeze and cause extreme embarrassment.

 
Thanks for reading this post, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.
 
 

4 comments:

whatthesew said...

That fabric is lovely. It deserves to be worn.

Heidi said...

I love the shawl but the skirt came out really lovely and I love how you styled it with the denim shirt. That is a great pairing.

Therese said...

Looks great as a skirt! You are so prolific altering clothes, a real inspiration for all of us!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much for the comments! I really appreciate them.
Chickie