Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Gray Leftovers Shirt

 Hello Refashion Co-op. Do you save all your sewing scraps like I do? I always try to use them, and that's what I did today. 
I had a cute striped shirt that was too small and tight to wear.


When I refashioned this gray knit dress last week, I had a long piece of fabric from the skirt leftover. That leftover piece was going to come in handy.


I cut the gray fabric into 2 long thin pieces and sewed them into the side seams of the striped shirt.


This made the body and the sleeves of the shirt bigger. that was exactly what I needed.


It was easy and quick work. Using knit material was the best because the fabric didn't fray and the shirt is still as soft and comfortable as it was before.


Thanks for reading this post, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

Super cute! Awesome job! I've been wanting to add stripes of fabric to the sides of a shirt!

-TheRefashStash

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Marisa! It added some much needed room. 😉
Chickie