Friday, April 13, 2018

Return of the Free T-shirts

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I used a couple freebie t-shirts to make a shirt recently. The free shirts had writing on them, like free shirts usually do. I didn't really like the writing though.





Here is a look at the shirts. I cut them in half and saved the back of the shirts. The back of the shirts was nice and plain, with no writing, slogans or advertising. 



I connected the shirts to make one complete shirt. Unfortunately the white shirt had writing on the sleeve too. Ugh! I didn't like that.


I cut a small pocket shape from the front of the red shirt. 


I attached it to the sleeve to cover the writing. It turned out really cute. There is no official front and back to this shirt since it's made from 2 backs. It could be worn either way.


Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

7 comments:

whatthesew said...

The red and white look good together

cfort82 said...

I think the pocket is really cute.

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! I am really trying to use what I have in the sewing stash. 😀

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Cindy. It was a good way to cover the sleeve. 😊

Robert said...

The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing... yoga clothing

Erik Maurer said...

The post is written in very a good manner and it contains many useful information for me. Klasströjor

Erik Maurer said...

Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks! womens distressed sweatshirts