Friday, April 20, 2018

The School Marm Dress

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this jumper dress at a clothes swap and loved the material. It was such a soft wool blend. I didn't like the style or the fit. It looked like a school uniform and an  old granny all at the same time.


There was a side zipper so I couldn't alter the dress on the sides without removing and replacing the zipper. I didn't want to do that so I had to alter the back of the dress. I used my dress form to pin the dress and see how the shape was changing.  


I cut a lot of material out of the back. I also made the dress a little shorter.


I was happy with the new look, it is more a lot more fun but not too tight.


Thanks for reading this post, for more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.

4 comments:

cfort82 said...

That is so cute now!! Nice refashion.

Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Cindy! I wasn't sure if I would like it until the end. Sometimes I know what I want to do and sometimes it is sort of an experiment.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

You make that look so cute!

-TheRefashStash

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Marisa! It cleaned up well.
Chickie