Wednesday, May 02, 2018

A Dress-Extender From A Pillowcase?

Hello Refashion Co-op. My daughter needed a way to make this blue dress a little longer. She is tall and this blue shirt dress was just a little too short on her. The sides are shorter than the front of the dress and that is where the problem was.


My idea for a solution was this standard size pillowcase. It was made of a knit material like a T-shirt. I cut off the closed end.


I made a casing for an elastic waistband and fit the elastic through. The open end of the case would be the hem of the skirt. This was a very fast way to make a simple skirt. 


My daughter didn't want to add any trim or lace that would distract from the blue dress, but it would be fun to dress this kind of skirt extender too.


Thanks for reading this post, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Niiiiice job !
Especially since the separation (= 2-piece style) is behaving muuuuch better/reliable as 'guardian' during stretching activity which a 'sewn on' extension just won't DO, when talking only of a 'few Centimetres' of extension!
Really: smart idea/result despite 'simple look; only' !

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! It worked out very well.
Chickie