Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Practicing Stitches and Going to Sleep

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I have had this men's shirt for quite a while. I wasn't sure what to make with it. It was so soft, I had to do something with it. I decided to make a nightshirt. It would be very comfortable to sleep in and lightweight in the warm summer.
You can see the arms were ridiculously long. I needed to alter it drastically.


Or I could just cut the sleeves off completely. I also cut the collar off too. I wanted a simple shape for my nightshirt. I thought sleeveless would be good for warm weather too.


I thought I could finish the cut edges with my sewing machine but I also wanted to add something decorative. Lace can be itchy so I decided to try some simple embroidery. I have never done any embroidery before so I watched a video about it on YouTube.
I did some green blanket stitches around the neck and arm holes.


This was a good piece to practice on and I like how it turned out. These are now the softest pajamas I have ever owned. 


Thanks for reading this, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: