Saturday, September 15, 2018

1 Dress 2 Refashions Part 1

Welcome to Part 1 of this refash!
The dress I chose to use was too cute to not utilize every part of it.
DSCN1623
How is this not the cutest back ever!?

DSCN1624Love this pattern!!!

Okay, so I said this was Part 1 of 2 for this refashion. So here it goes!
DSCN1627
I cut the dress right at the waistline. This dress had elastic on the back but not the front.
I found this skirt in the to be refashed pile and it matched the color of the palms on the dress, what luck!

DSCN1630
I wanted to use this skirt as the bottom of  my dress and used the top of the palm dress. I used my seam ripper to open the seam of the skirt and separate the elastic waist. This gave me more room to work with the skirt since the elastic wasn't bunching up every time I moved it.
I was actually not going to use this elastic as part of the dress but I did need it to keep the skirt together for this next part.

DSCN1631
The top that I cut off of the palm dress was SUPER short, like shorter than an acceptable crop top, just sewing that top to the skirt would make the new dress itself way too short. I decided to add this 3 inch elastic waistband! That would give me more length to the entire dress.

DSCN1632
Once I sewed the elastic to the top I then sewed the skirt to the bottom of the elastic using the original elastic of the skirt as a guide.

DSCN1633
Once the skirt was almost sewn to the top I realized that the skirt was too large. So I had to improvise.

DSCN1635
I made a cut down the entire length of the skirt.

DSCN1636
Then I sewed the 2 pieces together and cut off the excess.

DSCN1637
Then I was able to finish sewing the skirt to the elastic.
I was so fortunate that my hubby took me to see The Beach Boys in concert!!! This has been something that was on my bucket list! I just adore The Beach Boys but my husband does not, but he was a trooper taking me and sitting through the music. I think he actually had as good a time as I did!

IMG_1271[1313]
The Beach Boys!!!

IMG_1267[1334].jpg

IMG_1275[1321]
The front!
IMG_1279[1333]
The back!

2018-22-07-13-30-24.jpeg
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

No comments: