Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Another Dress to Shirt

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I really needed a new shirt and I was willing to sacrifice another dress to get one. I liked the fit of this dress, I just wanted it to be a shirt. 
I also wanted to make those big bell sleeves more narrow and simple.
 

I decided to cut the dress to the length I wanted. I saved the hem of the dress so I could reattach the blue edging to the bottom of my new shirt. I also made the shirt sleeves much more narrow. This is a stretchy knit material so it will be very comfortable even if it is more fitted in the sleeves.


I liked the blue edging as a finishing touch at the bottom of the shirt.


 I also had this blue sweater that I thought would be a great second layer with this new shirt. It was a little big, especially in the sleeves. I couldn't keep the sleeves pushed up because they were too loose. The sleeves were in my way covering my hands like this.


I took a few tries but by making the sweater sleeves and body a little more narrow. I just used the existing seam as a guide and made small adjustments until the fit was what I wanted.


Thanks for reading this post, for more details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

Therese said...

Sooo much nicer as a shirt! Great job!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Therese!
Chickie