Friday, November 02, 2018

Making Tight Clothes Bigger and Bigger

Hello Refashion Co-op. I had a very tight dress on my hands here. I didn't want to wear it like that so I made it bigger. I also made it into a shirt.


 You can see how the dress was tight around the hips of my dress form. It was way too tight. I cut off the bottom part of the dress so I had a shirt. Then I cut the side seams open.


I used this black t-shirt for material. I cut strips of the shirt to put into the side seams of the striped shirt.


I liked how the black strips of fabric looked on the sides of the shirt. I was ready to wear it. I put it on and realized that it was still a little too tight. Ugh! I didn't want to open the sides again and insert bigger strips of fabric. I decided to add a piece of black fabric down the back of the shirt. It worked great.


I also added the lower edge of the dress to the bottom, so it had a finished hem. It made a nice sort of waistband and I liked the stripes in different directions. It was still soft and stretchy, just not as super-tight.


Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: