Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The Bathrobe Sweater

Hello Refashion Co-op. How are things with you? I am preparing for my favorite holiday of the year, Thanksgiving. It has all those good things like family, friends, food, fun...


But back to the sewing. This long sweater looked like a bathrobe on me. I know long sweaters are in style and they look really cool if you are not super short. I didn't think it looked cool or chic, it looked long and robe-like. It was too thin and clingy to make a dress, it makes me look really lumpy.


I did some quick alterations and made a tunic length sweater. I made the sleeves shorter and the over all length much shorter too.


 It was a nice layering piece. When it was worn open it was light and flowy, not lumpy and clingy.


Thanks for reading along, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the U.S.
If you aren't in the U.S. I wish you a very happy day too.

No comments: