Sunday, December 02, 2018

Shoeing the Hooves

So I had this pair of very big, very pink boots that made me feel like I was wearing giant magenta hooves when I put them on!


They were also old and collapsed and wrinkly-looking.

In their current condition, I felt like I couldn't make them worse, so I decided to try to repair them, and paint part of them to tone down the vast expanse of pink.


The repair went so-so. I took off the sole and re-glued the two layers of fabric and shoe together, but by the end of a day of wearing them, they were back to the way they had been before!

The painting went better. I made up an organic, vine-like design of half-asterisks and curlicues and painted it onto the wedge portion of the boots. I like to think that visually separating the soles from the uppers makes them look less like hooves and more like shoes with a platform! (But I also think I should have made my design darker, because it almost disappears when viewed at a distance.)


The long story of these shoes is detailed over at my blog, along with a couple more pictures of the process!

Thanks for reading!
--The Unfashionista

3 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Weeeell, at least the paintwork (AND lace work!) really worked a treat and seriously did the trick of changing 'The hooves look'. Good on you: still all thumbs up!

TheRefashStash said...

Very cute!

-TheRefashStash

I Can Work With That said...

I live the painted design, that looks so pretty.
Chickie