Friday, February 22, 2019

Vintage Pink Polyester

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this pretty pink polyester dress at a clothes swap. It was hand-made a long time ago. It was very thick heavy polyester. It had a nice soft lining in the bodice but the sleeves were scratchy.


The first thing I did was make a V-neck to open up the dress and make it more comfortable. 


I also decided to make 3/4 length sleeves. I thought that would help make it more comfortable and make the pink less overwhelming. It just seemed like A LOT of pink.
 I still didn't love it.


I decided to make the dress sleeveless. I didn't like the sleeves, why keep them?


Now this little dress I really liked. It was so much more comfortable and I don't feel lost in a sea of pink polyester anymore.


Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

4 comments:

whatthesew said...

I'm so glad you saved this hand made vintage dress. I often see this type of item in charity shops but like yours, the fabric is that awful scratchy stuff. I like your method of refashioning, one step at a time and see how that looks, best way to be sure you preserve most of the garment but end up with something wearable.

TheRefashStash said...

Oh! It's so cute!

-TheRefashStash

Valerie said...

Cute and one of a kind! Good find and fix.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments ladies!
Chickie