Friday, April 05, 2019

The Boring Brown Shirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I try to save the fabric scraps from refashions but sometimes it takes me quite a while to get back to them. It has been over 2 years since I used this brown silk.

That is my dog, he didn't help at all.
 
It started as a plain brown dress. The silk material was very nice but the dress was pretty boring.





The top of the dress was basically a tank top. It just needed to be finished at the bottom. 




I didn't want to turn the bottom edge under and stitch it down because I thought it would make the shirt too cropped for me. I used some wide silk bias tape that I had on hand. I thought a different color would make it a little more interesting and it would help with the length of the shirt.




The top turned out well. The length was perfect. The silk will be very comfortable in the summer when it gets hot and humid outside.




Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: