Wednesday, April 24, 2019

The Perennial Shoes

I have a pair of shoes that keeps coming back, year after year!

When I got them, they were white, and I literally loved them to pieces.

Before


After

I covered them with strips of denim in three shades, which I blogged in an earlier post.


After a year or so, I wasn't really happy with how they were aging, so I removed all the denim and started over with my now even uglier white shoes!

After That

For their third time around, I coated them in fabric from an old tank top (also a previous refashion), which worked even better than I expected. When they were all done, they looked like this:


Because there was tons of fabric left over, I also made a matching headband.


If you'd like to see more of how I made them and how I wore them, head on over to my original blog post!

Happy Spring!

--The Unfashionista

1 comment:

Mel-Bee said...

Wow I love this! Excellent recycling, wearable art!!