Wednesday, May 01, 2019

The Sweatshirt Dress I Didn't Need

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this great sweatshirt dress at a clothes swap. It was a great cozy dress, but I didn't need a sweatshirt dress. I already had one. What I did need was some comfortable shorts and maybe a shirt too.


I cut the skirt off to make a pair of shorts. The drawstring would be a perfect waistband. I didn't need them as long as this skirt so the extra fabric at the bottom would be useful for making the shirt longer. It was very short at this point.


Here is the drawstring waistband. It looks like it was always supposed to be a waistband of some shorts.


Here is the shirt. You can see the horizontal seams where I added the fabric to make it long enough to meet the waistband of the shorts.

 This turned out to be a great exercise and/or leisure outfit.
Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

No comments: