Sunday, July 21, 2019

Draped Back Dress

I retired this dress from my closet to my refash pile several years ago. I wore this dress a billions times because I loved it so much, but I finally got tired of it. I recently found it in my refash pile and fell in love with it again! It just needed an update!
DSCN1839
I decided to tie the top of the dress into the bottom of the dress by adding blue bias tape to the neckline and arm holes.

DSCN1840

DSCN1841
Then I wanted to shorten this dress so I marked where I wanted my new hem to to end.

DSCN1842
I cut and and hemmed the bottom!

DSCN1843
Now I have a leftover piece of fabric.

DSCN1844
I draped this leftover piece of fabric across the shoulders.

DSCN1845

IMG_2603
Took a trip to the Cheese House in Frankenmuth in my new dress!

IMG_2470

img
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

Wow, that bias tape really changed it up. I like the shorter length too. The draped piece in the back was clever.
Chickie