Friday, November 01, 2019

Positively 60s Refash Part 1

Alright readers! I have a 2 part refash for you! I am super excited about this!!!

DSCN1791
Over the summer I found this super duper amazing 60s print shirt with bell sleeves! I must admit this pattern is overwhelming as one piece, but wait til you see what I have done with it!

DSCN1807
I removed the sleeves to use for this refash.

DSCN1806
I wanted to use the bell sleeves but at them to a much more plain shirt. I also loved the laces sleeves on this white shirt so I took those off and kept them for later.

DSCN1876
My first idea was to tie the white shirt together with the crazy pattern on the sleeves. I tried to use an orange fabric marker to color the lace detail on the shirt....that was both time consuming and looked terrible. I decided to cut off all the lace detail.
After my failed coloring attempt I moved onto the next step. I began to pin the sleeves onto the shirt. I turned the shirt inside out as well as the sleeves.

DSCN1877Once the sleeves were sewn in place I took in the sides a bit and added orange rick-rack around the neckline as well as down the front to make a faux warp look, just like the original lace.

DSCN1885
I think the rick-rack tied in with the whole 60's vibe of the sleeves! I'd call that a happy accident!

1
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This shirt turned out so cute. I love the colors and that pattern is fabulous.
Chickie