Wednesday, March 04, 2020

The Not So Simple Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. I found a great dress at a clothes swap. I thought it was great...




Until  I tried it on. I couldn't zip it because it was so tight. I had my husband force the zipper closed and it was so tight I couldn't breathe properly. I am pretty addicted to oxygen so this wasn't going to work. 

 I decided to make a basic straight skirt. There were many mistakes and disasters along the way. I was eventually able to make a simple elastic waistband.


 I was happy with this very skirt but I had to stop sewing and send my machine off for service. I must have broken something, it wasn't working well at all.

Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Wow, I would have fallen for this dress as well!
You did not by any chance have anything similar elegant black material to
a) just add 2 or 3 simple 'black block strips' (= elegant own skin to show through in between?) to, ahem, bridge the 'oxygen robber'? Fastened with either invisible snap fasteners or button/loop system?
b) perhaps make the above 'adjustment' a feature by even going fully around the waist with the 'gap material' from "point a) " as well ?

Yet, your idea of making a skirt only out of the dress is in mho making the thing definitely wayyyy more flexible to wear with even different coloured/style tops.

Btw.: my sincerest sympathy for the repair job of your sewing machine; may it be a speedy and decent priced one.
Cheeky addition due to own (addictive ?!) experience the like: may the Good Lord have mercy with you and keep your thoughts off any 'sewing dreams' during exactly the necessary repair time ;-) :-D !!!
1/2 sorry for this last sentence yet you probably remember: whilst your blogger name is "Chickie" my own invisible middle name should (still !) be "Cheeky" ;-) /..\ \../

Loving greetings, G.S ....




I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment and encouragement!
And happy sewing to you.
Chickie