Monday, May 25, 2020

50s Cocktail Dress

Since we are still not able to go out to the theatre, the hubby and I had planned on watching Andrew Lloyd Weber's production of The Phantom of the Opera, which was available on Youtube! Even though we couldn't go out, we still dressed up!

DSCN1974
I started with this strapless dress, I loved the fullness of the skirt reminds me of a 1950's cocktail dress! And a lace shirt, compliments from my mom!

DSCN1975
I dressed my dress form with the lace tee and the dress ontop. Wanting to use the top of the lace shirt I pinned it in place on the dress.


Once the 2 pieces were stitched together, it was ready for some sparkle!
I harvested these shiny black decorative buttons from a sweater and positioned them onto the dress.


Once I liked the pattern I hand sewed them in place!


Ready for the "theater" :)

img4
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

2 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

The lace is such a great update! And the studs are a nice edgy touch. Perfect for the opera.
Chickie

Anielskaaniela said...

Dress looks now perfect ,I really love it <3