Monday, August 10, 2020

Shop my closet for voile tops.

 #55-56  Shop my closet for voile tops.
Voile tops in fall colors will be perfect in September when Texas is still 100+ degrees. 
BEFORE: These voile tops were in my closet. I did not wear them due to elastic shirring in bands along the bottom edges.
AFTER: Voile or knit camis will be worn under. I will pair with capri pants and sandals. And still melt in the Texas fall heat.  
WORK DONE: Elastic was gently removed and lightly pressed. 

Before


Before: elastic shirring



After: elastic removed

After: Elastic removed


2 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Yep, despite being an arduous job (= ONE of quite some in a frugally/effective/economically run life !) this is usually one of my first jobs in clothing with sheering.
The benefit I get out of it might be either/or as follows:
1) gain additional length (and 'ventilation' !)
2) especially 'middle-sheering' is usually somewhat 'on the wrong spot' for me and hence solved by taking the sheering out. /..\ \../

Yet: sometimes it's even a smart idea to check beforehand, whether some 'centre bits' of the mentioned 'middle-sheering' left (either at the back OR the front ) might look more flattering than undoing the entire thing (imho).

Good on you and I wish you veeery veeery patient/steady fingers for future jobs the like: sometimes I get the urge to do some sewing and/or unpicking jobs after coming in from outdoor work to utilise the at times necessary recovery time, means 'catching my breath' (and spine ^^ ;-) ! ) whilst sitting anyway.
.... NOT always a good idea and working \../ /..\

Loving greetings,
Gerlinde




I Can Work With That said...

Great idea! Sometimes the elastic rides up and gets annoying!
Chickie