Tuesday, September 01, 2020

Coachella Inspired Dress

 Hi All! I have a failed refash that rose from the ashes to become a simply fantastic refashion!


My original plan for this oversized dress was to make it a dress turned pants suit. Sounds pretty good, huh? Well, that's what I thought too until disaster struck.

I unfortunately had cut too high on the pants and the crotch ended up where my belly button would be. Oops! Being woefully upset and frustraited I scrapped the whole project. Until....I had some inspiration from looking at some pictures of Coachella fashion.

Firstly, I sewed the back of the dress back together to make it a dress again.

I sewed the front of the dress together a few inches down from the waistline. I left the bottom open and sewed the raw edge. I wanted this to be a boho style dress that I could wear a pair of shorts underneath.

To finish off the dress I added this large button at the center of the waistline.

Here is my final look! This was a great look for a hot summer day!

Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of my refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

Great save! I like the open dress with shorts. It is so pretty.
Chickie