Monday, November 30, 2020

Customize thrift store jeans with DIY appliques and patches





Dress up a pair of thrift store jeans with DIY appliques!  This project takes less than 1 hour to make thanks to some fusible adhesive.  Check out the step by step tutorial in my YouTube video.



I bought half a yard of upholstery fabric in a pretty floral pattern.  This fabric gave me lots of flowers of different sizes to play with.




I fused HeatnBond to the back of the fabric.



Then I cut out a bunch of flowers.



Peel off the paper backing before ironing in place.




Arrange the flowers in a pattern you like and iron them in place.



Enjoy your beautiful jeans!














6 comments:

Maria said...

I love this! Thanks for the suggestion.

Pivot Point Patterns said...

Thanks Maria!

heidi said...

Awesome!

Anielskaaniela said...

that's awesome <3 and it's so cool we can meet each other on youtube :-)

I Can Work With That said...

These jeans are so pretty. What a great idea. This would be great to cover a spot of small hole too.
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

Lovely job! Heat N Bond is a fantastic product!!

-TheRefashStash