Sunday, November 01, 2020

Shopping my closet for black toppers.

#1-4 Shopping my closet for black topers.

This is the start of my fall-winter self-challenge to shop from my closet and re-fashion stash.

  •          Back to school limits sewing time.
  •      Includes minor re-fashions.
  •      Goal:  100 items by end of winter break.  

These 3 toppers and Henley are from my closet.  I wore them last week and found minor changes.

Work included:

1)   Remove heavy, scratchy metal zipper from comfy jacket. Never use the zipper: it snowed 1 time in 3 years. Cool mornings warm up by afternoon.

2) Remove heavy, scratchy metal zipper from vest. Snaps secure if needed. Work lanyard, jewelry, mask are enough.

3) Remove button and worn tab from pocket. Add top stitching to hold front facing in place.

4) Shorten sleeve length in the lounge / sleep Henley t-shirt. Cut and re-seam at drop sleeve.


Coat 


Cotton topper

d



Vest Topper 





Henley







1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

That is a great jacket update. I love how you set goals for yourself and for your sewing.
Chickie