Friday, April 30, 2021

Lovely Lilac Layers

 Hello Refashion Co-op. Spring is beautiful. The flowers are beautiful. The blossoms are beautiful. (Pollen, allergies and congestion are not beautiful, but that is another story.) I found this lovely lilac dress at a swap and thought the floral fabric was perfect for spring. 

 The dress fit well but it was too long. The dress had a 2 layer skirt. The outer layer was very long. It was dragging on the ground. The under skirt was shorter, it came down to my knees. I cut the outer skirt much shorter and hemmed the outer skirt about 1 inch longer than the under skirt. 


I had a big rectangle left over from the long outer skirt. What would that be good for?


It made a perfect little shawl and it also was a nice scarf. I wrapped it around my neck and tucked into the front of the dress and it filled in the plunging neckline. 


Thanks for reading along, to see more pictures and details go to my blog, I Can Work With That.


5 comments:

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

Nice! I like the addition of the scarf. It's a nice touch of feminity and modesty!

I Can Work With That said...

Thank you both so much for the comments.
Chickie

learningnewtricks said...

As a scarf, it adds dimension to your dress and covers up the plunging neckline without drawing attention to it. The shorter length gives it a more youthful, updated look. The color fits you nicely.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment learningnewtricks!
Chickie

TheRefashStash said...

How cute!

-TheRefashStash